Two statues have been designed to commemorate the 150th Anniversary of the Kingsbridge and Salcombe RNLI. The statue at Kingsbridge represents the first launch of the ten-oared lifeboat called “Rescue” in 1869. A complimentary statue is situated in Salcombe, depicting the modern Tamar-class Baltic Exchange III lifeboat. These both feature someone being rescued from the water, showing 150 years of different technology but the same lifesaving actions. The sculptures are made from bronze and two types of stone and are situated on stone plinths. Secured within the plinths are time capsules (made by Dart Fabrication) overseen by the Cookworthy Museum in Kingsbridge and the Salcombe Maritime Museum in Salcombe.